CHALLENGE TYPE: Campaigning
1. Visit OpenSecrets and select your home state.
2. Click on either:
- the ‘Industry’ tab to see the top TYPES of businesses OR
- the ‘Donors’ tab to see the top INDIVIDUAL companies that donate the most money to political campaigns in your state
3. Spend some time researching what each company (or type of company) does and what kind of issues/candidates it cares about (based on where it spends its money).
4. As a team, create a short video (2 min or less) designed to share what you learned with voters in your state.
- Who are the biggest donors in your state?
- Where does their money go?
- What issues does it support?
- Most importantly – WHY SHOULD ANYONE CARE?
5. Share this video on YouTube and tweet/post the link using the hashtag #OH.
6. Tag others in the post to make sure it gets at least 20 views and 5 shares/retweets.
Helpful tools and resources:
PRODUCT TO POST: